Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You don't see THIS everyday! 2 NYC MTA buses on the Kennedy (I-90) in CHICAGO! WTF?!

On my way home from my job at O'Hare yesterday (1/24/2012), I saw an extremely rare sight. While stopped at the Cumberalnd station, I noticed a rare bus driving by, then another just like it that read "MTA" and "New York City Bus." I then pulled out my camera and started rolling and got the first half of the video as my train departed Cumberland, then waited for the buses to pass me at the Jefferson Park station. Both of the these stations are on the CTA's Blue Line, on the O'Hare branch. HOW is it that TWO New York City MTA buses were in Chicago driving casually through the city? This was hands-down, one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, besides ghosts, haha. Given my research, these look like New Flyer C40LF buses, which were built in Winnipeg, Manitoba or Crookston and St. Cloud, MN by New Flyer Industries, which explains them traveling east on I-90 towards NYC. Enjoy the video!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Feedbase